Friday, April 17, 2009

Yea! I Am Finished!


So, for the Stake Relief Society Women's Conference every ward has been assigned to make a center piece. Every table will have a center piece from a different ward. Some how our ward missed the memo about this and during our weekly presidency meeting, I must have been high or something, lol, because I volunteered to make it!

Sheesh! Shortly after I became WORRIED! So of course I called my mom to share my idea and to ask her if it was even possible, she is incredibly creative so I knew if I had her help everything would turn out awesome. But....Our schedules haven't been meshing well so we only had a few hours together to brainstorm. The theme is Temples: Pattern For Life.

My mom is very talented. We came up with an idea to make the San Antonio temple as an outline with an arrangement of Texas flowers in the center. She made the flower arrangement and help come up with the "how to" part, But the execution part fell on me because she had to head back to work.

So after many late nights, I have learned how to measure, paint, use an exacto knife and super glue my fingers. HaHa. It has been challenging but I am kinda proud of myself! My momma has rubbed off on me a little! I know it would have turned out even better had she done most of it herself but I have to say I'm a little impressed! Yea! I am building my "Mormon girl" skills. lol.

6 comments:

Life with the Eldridge's said...

WOW girlie!!! it is awesome and I think you did a great job.

Linds said...

It looks awesome! Good job!!

Jen said...

That looks really great! I'm impressed. Looks like the temple would have taken lots of time and love (and patience) to create.

Sarah said...

"Mormon skills"-too funny! You are a "Molly Mormon Homemaker" now-no turning back!!
PS-WAY good. See you do need to come to camp!

Janine said...

That looks so awesome, Erin! I am super impressed... Hope you had a great birthday... I'm so lame for not calling you. We'll be in Seguin soon, I'll give you a call :)

Cessily said...

very cool looking temple...i'm glad we could use the leftovers :)